Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Poetic Nymphs

Without you my life is sorrow,
with you I wish for tomorrow,
forever I will let you borrow,
what my heart longs to follow.

For you I'd give it all,
many times I'm willing to fall,
never stepping into a wall,
never letting my heart out in the stall.

In your eyes there's never bore,
every kiss better than before,
every hug steps out the door,
to be with you I implore.

What is that I hear?
Fast beating when you're near,
my heart flips for you to be here,
get here fast, help me dear!

Three words I must say,
I keep thinkin through the day,
shall i write them down?,Nay!
I must let it out, there's no other way.

I love you, yes it's true,
three words just for you.
What should I now do?
Just wait and hope you do too.

Honey it's you I'm craving,
I sit here all night waiting,
for the words to start saying,
I love you, let's go sailing.

On a boat of love there's much more,
just us far away from shore,
we only need us and nothing more,
because we let love come in our door.

Watching the sun set,
it is so beautiful I bet,
it will take forever to get
the way that you and I met.

One more thing I need to ask,
please help me remove this mask,
by commanding me selfless tasks,
my self respect will fill its flask.

With this last verse I must part,
believing love is like an art,
it doesn't make you great, it doesn't make you smart,
it's just a way to give life a start.


This came from a random inspiration today after I read The Raven by Edgar Allan Poe. I loved the poem, it inspired me in some way because I wrote this, but yea hope you like it!


Science has not yet taught us if madness is or is not the sublimity of the intelligence.~ Edgar Allan Poe

2 comments:

Didi S. said...

amazing poem.

a little bit sad tho since truth is that when you love somebody and have hopes for him to love you back, chances are low since when he loves you back you simply can feel it.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.